Startups in tech have so much on their plate, insurance can be so hard to obtain that many people just skip it. Vouch insurance hopes to change this.
Vouch insurance provides insurance for startups in tech. Vouch was founded in 2019 as a brand new company. Vouch was founded in 2019 by the founders. While startups can’t raise funds, sign leases, or land large customers without insurance, many insurance companies won’t lend to startups. Vouch is now available in 22 states and growing rapidly.
They saw an opportunity to focus an insurance company on startups and not just tech companies. A tech startup’s needs are very different to a restaurant or retail store. Tech startups can launch with only a handful of laptops. Munich Re, a global reinsurer well-known, writes Vouch’s business pet insurance policies. The company focuses on making small business insurance easy and quick. In less than 15 minutes, you can purchase insurance and get it in place. They have raised more than $70 million in funding so far and are supported by many Silicon Valley companies.
Vouch is expanding to mid-size businesses that have raised Series B funding and have at least 150 employees. As they grow, Vouch can accommodate some of their earliest customers.
- Products available: 80/100
- Financial Strength: 90/100
- Customer satisfaction: 70%/100
- Consumer Complaints N/A
- Digital Experience: 90/100
Pros & Cons of Vouch Insurance
- Startup insurance
- Online Application and Approval
- Get insurance in ten minutes
- Company that is rapidly growing
- Voucher has been in existence for less than 2 years
- Not yet available in all states
Limited customer reviews
If you are looking for the best cyber life insurance for smokers for your company, be sure to shop around with a few companies or with a digital broker like CoverWallet, Simply Business, or commercialinsurance.net to compare several quotes to select the best one for you.
Vouch Insurance Offers Products
Vouch offers all types of insurance that a startup might need, including business insurance. They offer:
- General liability insurance
- Business property
- Insurance for directors and officers
- Errors or omissions
- Fiduciary liability
- Employment practices liability
- Workers’ compensation
Vouch offers a description of all types of insurance and why they are important to you
- General liability: Covers you for third-party injuries and property damage that you cause, as well as slander.
- Business Property: Covers your business against theft, damage, or loss of its property. Also covers damage to rented spaces.
- Directors and officers insurance: Protects founders, officers and board members. It protects you from wrongful acts that may be committed while managing your startup.
- Errors and Omissions: This protects you if a mistake you make results in financial loss for a customer.
- Fiduciary liability: This protects you against mistakes in the administration of employee benefits plans.
- Employment practices liability: This protects you against wrongful termination, improper hiring or discrimination lawsuits filed by employees.
- Cyber liability: Protects you against data breaches
- Insurance against crime: Protection against employee theft, forgery, and fraud
- Vouch wants to help your startup grow. Start with the basics like business property and general liability health insurance cover. Later, you can add on directors and officers insurance.
- Vouch Insurance: Financial Strength Rating
Vouch does not receive a rating from A.M. Best. However, Vouch is backed by Munich Re which is the largest reinsurer in the world. A.M. Best rates Munich Re as A+.
- Vouch insurance has a high customer satisfaction rating
Vouch is a young company so there are no reviews or complaints on the BBB site. They are accredited and get an A.
They are clearly too young for J.D. Power’s study on small-sized commercial business insurance. Vouch has very few online reviews. We could only find one site called Product Hunt that had any. Based on 12 reviews, Vouch received a rating of 4.6 out 5 stars. These reviews are not numerical and 12 reviews is a small sample. However, it does appear to indicate a positive experience thus far.
Rating of Vouch Insurance for Consumer Complaints
Vouchers are not listed by the NAIC (National Association of Insurance Commissioners). They are too new, and thus, somewhat unknown.
If you are looking for the best cyber insurance for your company, be sure to shop around with a few companies or with a digital broker like CoverWallet, Simply Business, or commercialinsurance.net to compare several quotes to select the best one for you.
Digital Experience Rating for Vouch Insurance
Vouch does not require any paper. Vouch is entirely digital and startups will be able access all the information they need within ten minutes.
The online application will ask you To
- Name of your startup
- State (Vouch not yet in all states)
- Email address
- Voucher: Where did you hear about it?
- Is your startup covered by insurance?
- How many full-time employees are you currently employing?
- What amount of capital have you raised so far?
- How much debt do you have?
- Software or hardware company
- Consumer, enterprise and SMB
- How much you earn (in terms of payments, insurance, wealth management, etc
- You will be granted business health insurance solutions in nine minutes if you complete this section.
- Although we were not able to obtain a quote, the screenshot below will give you an idea of pricing and coverages.